- This event has passed.
The Body Positive Leader Training
September 27, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$25
Grab a friend a come to this powerful training that will prepare you to become a compelling, positive role model and leader. You will immerse yourself in a process of self-exploration and creative activities to learn about the Be Body Positive Model’s Core Competencies. Will will examine:
– The influence of societal and familial messages bout health and weight
– How to become the expert of your own body and improve physical health through intuitive eating and exercise
– How to transform the critical voice from enemy to ally
– The power of declaring your own authentic beauty
– The benefits of building a supportive Body Positive community
A two-day training lead by Connie Sobczak, co-founder of The Body Positive and author of “Embody: Learning to Love Your Unique Body (and quiet that critical voice!).” Each participant will gain full access to a comprehensive curriculum that offers activities for group facilitation, lectures, and activism projects on campus – and much more. You will leave with the materials and confidence to take “body positive” messages of self-love, size diversity, intuitive living, and beauty into your community! Connie and Julie Church (local host of event) will offer on-going support via personal meetings, phone, and e-mail to ensure you feel empower and equipped to run a successful Body Positive program.
Resume builder. Personal development. Your desire to help yourself, friends, others.
College students, teachers, volunteers/mentors of high school students, coaches, counselors, etc.
$25 for the two-day training – scholarships available!