Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) has high comorbidity with Eating Disorders. In order to provide the best treatment to address our clients’ needs, Opal is now offering Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
How is Opal treating OCD ?
Opal is offering Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), which is a highly regarded treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). ERP is being integrated into the Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient Program weekly group offerings and collaborative care is provided by the ERP specialist and the individual client’s treatment team.
What are the signs and symptoms OCD?
More to come…
What you might not know about OCD.
More to come…
Opal's Approach to theTreatment of Eating Disorders
The treatment of eating disorders is individualized. We take a holistic approach to treatment that allows for healing to be done in community and in individual sessions. We believe eating disorders develop to serve a function for an individual. Opal’s staff come alongside our clients to better understand those “whys” and find new ways to cope and live life without an eating disorder. We offer three levels of care at our Seattle clinic. Overall, our treatment model includes:
- Individual therapy, nutrition counseling, psychiatry, exercise experientials and family therapy available at the PHP and IOP levels of care.
- Health at Every Size, weight-neutral treatment approach
- Non-diet approach to food. Meals and snacks provided offer a wide variety of foods (highly processed, fresh, organic, non-organic, home-cooked, frozen, easy to prepare, etc.)
- Eating at meals and snacks are done with other clients and staff, as a community.
- A belief that adequate food intake is a foundational step in recovery.
- Exercise + Sport programming, which addresses exercise bulimia, exercise avoidance, and other exercise concerns
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavioral Therapy as a foundational treatment
- Group therapy including body wisdom group, movement group, self-inquiry, process groups, facing fears and more.
- Teaching/Didactic groups including Radically Open Dialectical Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Exercise + Sport Didactic, Health at Every Size Didactic, etc.
- Non-clinical lodging for PHP clients to use while in treatment is available for a weekly fee, as space available.
- Outpatient groups